Saturday, February 16, 2008

BiPolar Britney

I only half-heartedly follow the Britney saga, I know what's going on although I don't keep up with all the details. But it does seem clear she has a mental disorder of some kind and my best guess is bipolar. Maybe something else, but clearly she has a problem.

What I hadn't realized is that she's lacking in competent legal representation also. I read about this in one of my favorite public defender blogs, Ipse Dixit,
I was a bit confused by the turn of events a few weeks ago when she was brought in on a 72 hour hold that was then extended because she was found to be "gravely disabled". The criteria for gravely disabled, as far as I am aware, indicate that a person is unable to provide themselves with the basics of life: food, shelter, clothing. She's Britney Spears. She has the wherewithall to purchase brand new Mercedes at the drop of a hat, I am pretty sure she is more than capable of providing herself with food, shelter, and clothing (although clothing is a bit of a question considering some of the shit that she leaves the house in). Being deemed gravely disabled is a big, big deal.

If she had competent legal representation courts would not be finding her gravely disabled. She has a big problem but she isn't gravely disabled. I'm a little worried somebody might be trying to make a grab for control of her money. Her relatives don't seem all that trustworthy to me.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home